Latest scholarships opportunities in Nigeria: NHEF scholarship essay competition, 2018 is still ongoing. Interested candidates can read on to see eligibility, scholarship competition topics, application deadline and other information about the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is 4th Annual Scholarship Competition.
About NHEF scholarship 2018
- The scholarship is based on essay competition on some selected topics.
- Best candidates are to be awarded cash prices as follows:
- Grand price: ₦100,000
- 1st Runner up: ₦75,000
- 2nd Runner up: ₦50,000
Themes of the essays
The 2018 Essay Topics are themed around Technology, Youth Engagement, Gender, and Socio-Economic Growth.
- According to the National Population Commission, Nigeria’s population is currently estimated at 182 million, with more than half of the population under 30 years of age. Assess the importance of youth engagement in Nigeria’s socio-economic growth.
- “The higher education curriculum, in particular, always serves as a means of social control, legitimating [sic] existing social relations, representing somebody’s version of what constitutes important knowledge.” What are the benefits, if any, of instituting a gender-inclusive higher education curriculum in Nigeria?
- Using a case study or example(s), explore how technology can drive social change in Nigeria.
Eligibility for 2018 NHEF scholarship competition
All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University (Kano), University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria (Nsukka), and University of Port Harcourt.
Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
How to apply for 2018 NHEF scholarship competition
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Respond to one essay prompt;
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 31, 2018.
Tagged: undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria, 2018 scholarships, latest scholarships, scholarships in Nigeria, essay competition, scholarship opportunities