The schools fees of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko has been reduced following the intervention of the Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu.
However, National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, seems not satisfied with the 50 percent tuition fees reduction on returning students.
According to the National Public Relations Officer, Idowu Odebunmi,
The new arrangement by the state government indicates that the students would still have to pay 200 per cent increase in their tuition fees.
New school fees schedule for Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko
Following this reduction, the returning students will pay as follows:
- Faculty of Law – N100,000;
- Faculty of Science – N100,000;
- Faculty of Social and Management Science – N100,000;
- Faculty of Education – N80,000;
- Faculty of Arts – N80,000 with an option to pay twice, that is N50,000 and N40,000 per semester respectively.
- Final Year students across all faculties are to pay N70,000 with an opinion of paying twice, that is N35,000 per semester.
In his comment, the President of Student Union Government, SUG, AAUA, Olawale Ijanusi, who announced the new tuition fees, said that this is the lowest he can go and he urged every individual that they should abide by this.
He further stated that the union is willing and ready to seek the opinion of students as the final decision of the union lies with the students.