In this post is detained information for graduands for the upcoming convocation ceremony of Abia state university (ABSU)
See details about:
- statement of results
- schedule of events for the convocation day
- and more.
First, please note that graduands who have collected their Statement of Results and presented evidence of Certificate Clearance would collect their Certificates on the Convocation day.
The hire cost of a complete set of Regalia (Gown, hood, cap and Brochure) including payment of Scroll for your Certificate is Seven Thousand Naira (N7,000.00) only for first Degree Graduands and Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only for Post-Graduate graduands.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- Log on to the ABSU portal (www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any branch of our designated Banks listed below and make your payment.
- ABSU Microfinance Bank; Sky Bank Plc;
- Zenith Bank Plc; First Bank Plc; Ecobank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank Plc; Union Bank Plc; UBA Plc.
- Issuance of the materials indicated in (b) above begins on Tuesday, 15th January, 2019.
- Present receipt/evidence of payment to the Faculty/College/School/Institute Officers/Secretaries who shall, thereafter, issue the items to the graduands.
- Only graduands whose Degree results have been approved by the Vice-Chancellor/Senate are qualified to hire the items and participate in the Convocation ceremonies.
- All hired regalia must be returned to the point of collection, not later than Wednesday 29th January, 2019. A fine of One thousand Naira (N1,000.00) per day, is charged for any day the regalia remains with the graduate, after the deadline.
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REGALIA:
A penalty of twenty-five thousand Naira (N25,000.00) is payable, in the event of loss of or damage to a set of regalia (Gown, Hood and Cap). The list of graduands who violate the above directive should be submitted to the Registrar’s office not later than Thursday 31st January, 2019.
Any College/School/Institute/Faculty Officer who fails to submit the list of those who defaulted in the return of the regalia, risks paying the surcharge him/herself. In effect, College/School/Institute Secretaries/Faculty Officers are enjoined to brief the graduands adequately to adhere strictly to the above guidelines in the interest of all concerned.
Schedule of events for the convocation ceremony
ABSU Convocation Programme of Events.
Friday, January 18, 2019
Pre convocation Lecture,
Venue: University Auditorium
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Convocation Proper Featuring:
Award of Degrees (First and Higher Degrees)
Award of Honorary Degrees
Venue: University Pavilion