Bayero University post UTME screening and admission cutoff marks for various degree programs offered in the university has been announced. Aspirants of BUK who wish to apply for the post UTME screening of the institution should follow the guidelines below.
Eligibility for BUK post UTME 2018/2019
- UTME Candidates must have chosen Bayero University as First Choice
- candidate must have scored (in his/her 218/2019 UTME) not less than the indicated minimum score for various Faculties/Programmes as stated below:
BUK Cutoff marks 2018/2019
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE. 180 and above
2. FACULTY OF ARTS AND ISLAMIC STUDIES. 180 and above
3. FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES 200 and above
4. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES180 and above
5. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES 220 and above
6. FACULTY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT. 180 and above
7. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION 180 and above
8. FACULTY OF DENTISTRY 220 and above
9. FACULTY OF EARTH & ENV. SCIENCES180 and above
10. FACULTY OF EDUCATION 180 and above
11.FACULTY OF ENGINEERING 180 and above
12. FACULTY OF LAW 200 and above
13. FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES 180 and above
14. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES 180 and above
15. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES 220 and above
16. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES 180 and above
17. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES 180 and above
18. BLIND & DEAF CANDIDATES (FOR ALL PROGRAMMES)150 and above
How to apply for BUK post UTME 2018/2019
Step 1:Login-At the homepage of the Bayero University website www.buk.edu.ng click 2018 UTME REGISTRATION FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
Step 2: Photo Upload-Login using your UTME Number and UTME Aggregate (total score), then upload your passport-sized photograph. Note that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in Bayero University, Kano.
Step 3: Prole Update -Fill-in the Applicants’ Particulars Form.
Step 4: Generation of BUK PPF-Print your personalised payment invoice to make the payment of N2,000.00 being cost of screening at any commercial bank nationwide via the e-payment Remita platform.
Step 5: Submit RRR Used-After successfully generated BUKPPF and using the Remita e-payment platform a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number is generated for you.
The RRR uniquely ties your payment to your application account, after obtaining your RRR, login to your application account and submit the RRR used for payment. Note that submitting the RRR in the application portal is not tied to your actual payment.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: The Payment for the registration will start from 9 July to 20 July, 2018. Portal for registration and printing of acknowledgment slip will be closed by midnight of Tuesday, 24th July, 2018.thth
DATE OF APTITUDE TEST: Thursday 26 and Friday 27July, 2018.
Note that the schedule (Venue and Time) of the BUK Aptitude Test will be communicated to you using the phone number and/or e-mail address (used in JAMB registration) you supplied in your profile update.
Also note that blind, deaf and foreign candidates are exempted from the aptitude test. However, they need to register online.
Comprehensive list of those who have made the requirements will be published in the University website – please check www.buk.edu.ng
ANY CANDIDATE WHO FAILS TO REGISTER FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE WITHIN THE STIPULATED DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NOTE: JAMB O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has indicatedthat it would not clear any shortlisted candidate who does not have ‘O Level results. All candidate therefore, are advised to visit any JAMB Ofce or accredited CBT centre nearest to them to upload their O level results (WAEC, NECO, etc.).Even candidates who do not satisfy the University screening conditions below are advised to provide the details for consideration by other institutions. (Note that supplying false information will result in disqualification). You are allowed to supply a maximum of two different O’ Level examination results.
For more, visit BUK website