2018/2019 Delta State University Postgraduate admission form available. See how to apply for DELSU Postgraduate studies, 2018/2019. Other information you will get in this post includes postgraduate admission requirements of the school, list of available DELSU PG programs, how to apply, how to pay for the application form and more.
All postgraduate aspirants of DELSU are hereby informed that 2018/2019 Postgraduate application of the university is ongoing. Do well to complete your DELSU PG application 2018/2019 before the deadline.
Types of DELSU PG Programs
- Regular postgraduate programs
- Weekend postgraduate
Both PG programmes lead to the award of any of the following, as it applies to the student’s program:
- Postgraduate Diploma,
- Professional Masters,
- Academic Masters and
- Doctor of Philosophy
DELSU Postgraduate Admission General Requirements.
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate- recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D. in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.)must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate
- Candidates applying for professional Master Degree must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
- Candidates for Masters and Ph.D programmes would be required to write a qualifying examination on Saturday, September 7, 2019.
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission 2019/2020
Postgraduate aspirants of DELSU are to proceed with the online application that the school website: www.delsuonline.com
On the website, kindly complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission Form, then generate an application virtual pin of N31,000.00 (thirty-one thousand Naira) only.
Please note that sales of forms start on April 02, 2019 and the application deadline will be July 31, 2019.
Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
- Zenith Bank,
- Unity Bank,
- Fidelity Bank.
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following documents:
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
- A 3–5-page research proposal indicating the area of research interest (for PhD candidates)
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website delsuonline.com before completing the Application Form.
Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Delta State University, Abraka personally or through courier services on or before August 23, 2019.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on Monday, September 30, 2019.
Get a PDF copy of the PG application guidelines
Download DELSU Postgraduate Admission Guide 2019/2020 PDF: [gview file=”https://edungr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/DELSU-Postgraduate-Admission-Guide-2019-2020PDF.pdf”]