Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
All candidates must possess a minimum of five(5) ‘O’ level credits as required in relevant disciplines, including credits in English Language and Mathematics.
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant discipline.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or its equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the apropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)
- For M. Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
Postgraduate program’s duration of studies
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall spend between eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) months.
- Part-Time students shall spend between eighteen (18) to thirty-six (36) months.
(ii) Masters Programs
- M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional Students shall be required to spend between eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Program
- Students shall be required to spend between eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) months.
- A candidate can transfer from M. Phil. to the Ph.D. program after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Program
- Full-Time candidates may defend their Theses between thirty-six (36) to sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their Theses between forty-eight (48) to seventy-two (72) months.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to submit O’Level results for postgraduate admissions
Application procedure for FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form.
- Kindly log on to FUTA Postgraduate portal using the etranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- All Application forms for postgraduate programmes (Ph. D, Masters, PGD) are sold for NGN 20,000 only
- Once payment has been made, log in to the FUTA Postgraduate portal and click on “Application payment”
- Enter the ‘Confirmation code’ from the bank in the space provided
- Click on the ‘Application Form link’ to fill the form
Note: Payments for the application can be made Nationwide at any bank branch that is on the etranzact platform. Kindly note that you DO NOT need any account number for the application fees payment, boldly indicate on your teller that you want to pay for FUTA Postgraduate Application Form.
Finally, candidates for the Ph.D. program should send their Research Proposal to [email protected] using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal