Guidelines on JAMB 2020/2021 Change of institution, course, and personal information has commenced.
For candidates who wish to choose a different course or school or change things like name, etc, this post will show you how to correct your details:
- change of name
- date of birth
How much is the change of details form?
The process costs N2, 500 only; unless JAMB changes it. Note that this does not include the service charge by an accredited JAMB centre. Also note that change of details and can only be processed online, just like every other process of JAMB.
Steps to make the changes
1. First, make sure of the course/Institution you would like to make changes. Use the JAMB brochure to verify if the course is available in the school or not.
2. Check that you meet the cutoff mark of the school you are changing.
3. Ensure you select a Course in line with your UTME/O-level subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.
With the conditions above met, here are the steps to effect the changes:
Step 1- Log into your jamb profile
Step 2- Open the menu tab on your jamb profile
Step 3- Click Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data
Step 4- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.
Step 5- After paying N2500 at the bank plus additional bank charge of N100 naira, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.
Note: You can carry out all of the above processes at an accredited centre.
Also, note the following
– You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
– Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done more than one. The correction of data can only be done once.
-There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
– The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
– You can use the one-time payment of N2, 500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.
All the best in your quest for admission!
Note: Previously, JAMB correction of data comes AFTER the JAMB exam. After JAMB examination, change of details can be done at the JAMB website: https://www.jamb.org.ng/correction.htm
JAMB Change of name
Even before the JAMB exam, you can now correct your name using the JAMB Short Code (55019).
Note: This request can only be done using the mobile number used to create the profile.
To correct the name currently on your registration form, send the correct SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME as a text message to 55019.
Example; OKEKE, SEYU, MUSA to 55019.
Remember this request has to be done using the mobile number used in creating the profile.