How to apply for Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship 2019.
Eligibility for Lagos State postgraduate scholarship 2019
First, note that this scholarship scheme is for indigens of Lagos State only who are CURRENTLY studying in tertiary institutions in Nigeria. This means that Nigerian students from other states are not eligible to apply.
Here is full eligibility for the scholarship.
1. All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution for postgraduate studies (Masters or Doctorate).
2. All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Masters Degree applicants):
i. Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he/she must have graduated with a minimum of 4.6/7.0 at undergraduate level
ii. Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he/she must have graduated a minimum of 3.5/5.0 at undergraduate level
iii. Where CGPA scale is 4.0 (e.g polytechnics and colleges of education) he/she must possess a Minimum of 3.0/4.0
iv. Where applicant has obtained an upper credit in Higher National Diploma (HND), he/she must present evidence of completion of postgraduate diploma (PGD)
3. All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Doctorate Degree applicants):
i. Where applicant has obtained a second class lower CGPA at undergraduate level, he/she must possess a distinction in their masters degree
4. All applicants must be in their first year or above (admitted on or before 2018/2019 academic session)
5. All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
6. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
7. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
8. All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through the Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.
9. All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
i. Admission Letter
ii. Valid ID Card
iii. Letter of identification from Oba
iv. Letter of identification from Local Government
v. SSCE result
vi. Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
vii. Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
viii. Certificate or Result statement from school stating graduating results clearly
ix. NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
x. Masters Degree Certificate (PHD applicants only)
ix. Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
10. Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test to be conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
11. Successful applicants will be contacted for oral interview
How to apply for Lagos State postgraduate scholarship 2019
Interested candidates who are eligible to apply should:
1. visit the scholarship page at scholastica: https://scholastica.ng/schemes/lssbpostgraduate
2. Read the complete application guidelines as provided on the page:
3. Proceed with the application.
Wishing you good luck.