The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) has announced the General Certificate Examination (GCE) for Nov/Dec candidates of 2019/2020.
If you are waiting for this year’s Nov/Dec GCE exam, the form is out and you can find the resources you need to register and sit for the exam in this post.
MATERIALS ALLOWED FOR THE EXAMINATIONS
a. All candidates are required to supply their own pens, pencil, eraser, ink, ruler,
and mathematical set.
b. Drawing Materials: Candidates are required to provide their own drawing
board, Tee-square, metric scale ruler and other drawing instruments. They are
also allowed to use slide rules during the examination if the need arises.
c. The use of simple, non-programmable, noiseless and cordless calculator is
d. Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination Hall with GSM hand-set
and other electronic gadgets
DATE AND TIME OF EXAMINATION
a. It is imperative for candidates to check the date and the time of commencement of
their papers from examination Time-table and their examination centre or from the
Generally, morning papers commence at 9.00 a.m., and candidates are to arrive at
their examination centres at least half an hour before the commencement of each
b. No candidate is allowed to leave the hall, unless on confirmed health ground, until 30
minutes to full time for a 3-hour paper or 10 minutes to full time for an objective
paper. Where a health problem is confirmed, the centre supervisor is under instruction
to ensure that question paper and other worked materials are not taken out of the
examination hall. Similarly, no candidate is allowed into an examination hall 30
minutes after the commencement of a paper.
Note that registration is done online at NABTEB portal.
Visit a Cybercafe to Capture:
- Students biometric information. ( i.e Right and Left Thumb). NOTE: You can get a copy of NABTEB Biometric Data
- Application from the nearest NABTEB office.
- Make sure you supply the correct name and passport/registration card alongside PIN and SERIAL when doing the Biometric Data Capture.
- On successful Biometric Data Capture, Proceed t the online Registration Portal to complete the Registration exercise. NOTE: The portal will not allow you to register online without first doing the biometric data capture.
- Fill the form displayed accordingly and submit.
- Print the photocard and registration completion and keep it in a safe place.
Download a PDF copy of the complete guidelines: Download examination entry guide 2019 Nov/Dec