University of Nigeria Nsukka announces application for school of postgraduate studies for 2019/2020 session.
This is to inform all prospective candidates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, UNN, that UNN postgraduate form for 2019/2020 batch is now on sale.
Interested candidates are to follow the guidelines in the school website to complete their application.
UNN Nsukka Postgraduate Registration
For Regular/Sandwich programme, Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Doctorate degree programmes, candidates are considered for admission once in a session. Regular students are expected to register their postgraduate courses within four weeks from the commencement of the session. Candidates admitted for sandwich programmes are expected to register not later than two weeks from the commencement of the sandwich session.
How to apply for UNN PG admission
Application Forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee ofN25,000.00 (Twenty five thousand naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
Applicants should log onto www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
When completing the application form, the candidates shall supply the email addresses of their referees through which a link will be sent to the Referees with request to complete the Report Form in respect of the candidate and submit online. The candidate shall download the three (3) completed Referee Report Forms and enclose them in an envelop for submission to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies along with their online application forms. Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Candidate should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than 30thJune, 2019. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School shall not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties. Candidates for Enugu Campus based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or deliver them to the Deputy Registrar, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. For ease of reference, Enugu Campus based faculties and Institutes/Centre are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Health Sciences & Technology; Law; Basic Medical Sciences; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS); Institute of Maritime Studies; Institute of Maternal and Child Health; Institute of Public Health and Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC). Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
- Copies of their qualifying certificates/statements of result and NYSC discharge certificate (Exemption or Exclusion Certificate). Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted in lieu.
- Two copies of the Application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
- (i) One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a 10” X 15” brown envelope;
- (ii) The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a 9” X 13” white file jacket;
- All accompanying documents should be placed in the file jacket specified in (b.ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in the brown envelope as specified in (b.i) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope and delivered or addressed and sent by courier to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria,Nsukka” and to the Deputy Registrar, School of Postgraduate Studies Unit, Enugu Campus for Enugu Campus based academic units.
UNN Nsukka Postgraduate Application Deadline 2019/2020
Application starts from 1st March, 2019 and closes on 31st March, 2019.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS**
- All applicants will undergo computer based Postgraduate admission screening test.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website unn.edu.ng from, Monday 1stJuly, 2019, for your further necessary action.
- Dates for the Screening Test: 19th July, 2019.
- For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have published at least an article from his/her Ph.D Thesis or obtained an acceptance letter from a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.
UNN Postgraduate programs and admission requirements
See admission requirements for all UNN PG programs here: http://www.unn.edu.ng/postgraduate-admissions-advert-20192020/